Friday, July 3, 2009

Cowboy take me away

A few days ago I was talking with a friend about how much I love the Western Stampede Rodeo that comes to West Jordan on weekend of the 4th of July every year, just down the street from my house. It makes the city is so  patriotic and so "...Where the green grass grows"-like.  And there is no better way to celebrate the 4th than watching the bulls and cute cowboys. I'll admit I'm a sucker for a guy in a hat.  My friend asked me if I went last year and I couldn’t remember going last year. Which was weird. I go every year that I am in WJ. It’s just one of those things I don’t miss. But I couldn’t remember going last year. Then later it hit me. No, I did not go last year. I wasn’t in West Jordan. I wasn’t even in the United States for the 4th of July. I was clear on the other side of the Globe. I was in Israel.  I can’t believe that it has already been a year. I look at the pictures and I say to myself, “I was actually there.” It still feels so surreal and amazing.

No comments: