Friday, November 11, 2011

so the 24 hour flu…

…took up residence in my home. And it decided to stick around an entire week. But don’t worry it should be leaving soon, because there is no one left here for it to flatten and  after I’ve drenched everything with Lysol the quarantine should be lifted.

It was nasty and very unpleasant. I didn’t eat for two days which is very discommodious for I dearly love to eat. And while I did spend most of the 24 hours curled up in a fetal position in my bed, being sick did have its advantages.

1. I had one of the more mild bouts. Fortunately,  it hit me just after fast Sunday and before I had eaten breakfast so I had very little in my stomach.

2. I had no employer to call and tell my sorrows to. Then feel guilt for missing what probably would’ve been the most vital day.

3. I was forced to stay in bed with nothing to do but sleep and read. This was pleasurable. I finished two whole adult-size books in two days. I haven’t finished a book in a day in a long time. I have yet to break my graduate school leisure reading habits or lack of leisure reading habits. So finishing two books was seriously fun.

4. I once again appreciate and am so grateful for good health that doesn’t slow me down.

ps. Don’t forget to hug a Veteran and say thank you.

pps. Happy 11.11.11, 11:11:11. (Just for kicks and giggles.)

No comments: