Saturday, December 17, 2011

candy cane kisses

So I bought a bag of Hersey’s Candy Cane Kisses today. And yes it was bit of an impromptu purchase. But my reasoning for it was that I realized that there are less than ten days till Christmas Day and I had not eaten any type of Christmas treat. That’s right. No candy canes, truffles, cake bites, ginger bread men, chocolate covered pretzels, or fudge. Not even a Christmas colored M&M. Instead of gaining a few holiday pounds, I’ve actually lost weight.  I decided that it was time to put a stop to this and that I couldn’t waste anymore of this precious season and the yummy delicacies that are only around this time of year. So those Candy Cane Kisses were in my hand with my final purchases as I went to check out. Keep in mind the lack of Christmas sweets was not entirely on purpose. I have had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad  cold/cough/sinus infection or whatever it is for a long time and it has curbed my appetite for nearly everything but water, Lemon Ginger Honey Tea, apple juice, and Café Rio’s Tortilla Soup. After using up an entire box of Kleenexes (the soft kind with lotion) in five days, I have resorted to toilet paper. Lots and lots of toilet paper for the constantly leaking faucet of a nose I have had for the last few weeks. Fortunately my mom likes to buy the cushiony kind that is soft on little bottoms and my nose.

Tonight, I got to go the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert featuring Nathan Dunn and Jane Seymour. It is always a good show. My favorite song was the rendition of Twas the Night Before Christmas. And it never fails to give me goose bumps when they end with the glorious Mack Wilberg arrangement of Angels, from the Realms of Glory.

Oh, I love Christmas and I wish there were more than the nine days left of it.

2 comments:

About Hotels said...

nice post....

Katie said...

Hershey Candy Cane kisses are my FAVORITE christmas treat. Couldn't find them anywhere this year. Hope you feel better soon.