Sunday, November 25, 2012

thankful

I could go off and list all the hundreds of things I am thankful this month of Thanksgiving. But I won’t. It’s been done. And it’ll be done again. There is one thing that I am largely thankful for this season of gratitude. And it is people. I am so blessed by the people who are in my life, passed through my life, and will pass through my life. Ok, so really that is more than one thing. It actually adds up to hundreds of blessings that make my life abundant. And these blessings come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. They often appear as home teachers, roommates, classmates, coworkers, blind dates, amazing people I admire and wish to emulate from a distance, friends, passing acquaintances, cousins, friendly drivers, good neighbors, friends of friends, leaders, teachers, bishopric, mission companions, brothers, sisters, support system, family, tender mercies… Some quietly pass through. Some are here to stay.

A few nights when I was thinking about these many blessings and I wrote in my journal, “God has been in my life through the people He has let in my life. Some I have prayed for, some He knew I would need.”

Thank you for your example. Thank you for looking out for me. Thank you for making me laugh for making me laugh. Thank you for including me. Thank you for reminding me I am not alone. Thank you for loving me in spite of me.

No comments: