Friday, March 7, 2008

London calling to the faraway towns...

One week to go. And I am getting antsy. I wish I could just skip this week and be on my way. However there is too much to do this week. Abby is getting married in five days so I'll helping to finish things up for that as well as move her into her apartment. There is a ward activity on Friday to prepare for. Luckily I have the most amazing co-chair. Of course this would be the one week I would get two dates after a month and a half of nearly nothing. And sometime in the middle of all this and work I have to find time to do laundry and pack. I plan on keeping it pretty light.



In order to prepare for the up coming adventure (9 days) Lindsey and I have been doing lots of research and planning in order to pack as much as possible into the six days. I have also watched Mary Poppins, What a Girl Wants, My Fair Lady, Sliding Doors. I still need to watch Finding Neverland.

A few things on the to do list:
  • Sing London Bridge is Falling down while crossing the Tower Bridge or I guess any of the bridges.
  • Feed the birds in front of St. Paul's Cathedral.
  • Try to get a guard to smile in front of Buckingham Palace
  • Drink tea at 2pm (herbal tea, of course.)
  • See Wicked!!!
  • Climb the 540 stairs to the top of St. Paul's
  • Tell a secret to someone in the whispering gallery at St. Paul's
  • Attend a tea party at the Orangery in Kensington
  • Find an unusual find at Portobello Market
  • Windsor Castle!!! I am really excited to go there.
  • Try to jump through the wall 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station
  • Mind the Gap in the Tube.
  • Get a hoodie from Oxford or Cabridge.
  • Ride a double decker bus. (if they are still around.)
  • and more.

2 comments:

randa_joy said...

For some reason I was so fascinated and entranced by Buckingham. I am so jealous of and excited for you! You must post EVERYTHING when you get back stinker! And yes, please mind the gap!... makes me wonder about how many people don't...I'll have to look that up.

randa_joy said...

FYI there is about 1 death per week due to "successful suicide."