Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sweet...Lets go



We just had a pre-tour meeting and I am so excited to go. I even pulled out my suitcase. I haven't started packing but I started throwing in odds and ends in. It was fun to meet people in the group and Brother Gunnerson who is the tour director. Here are some cool things that I learned.

  • A camel ride up Mt Sanai is only 10 dollars.
  • Scuba diving at Eliat is 25 dollars.
  • Alabaster is a type of rock.
  • Most vendors and merchants accept American dollars, which will make shopping and bartering easier.
  • You can drown in the Dead Sea if start out facing the wrong way.
  • Did you know that shouldn't drink the water in Egypt? Ok maybe that one is a bit obvious.
I am really ready to go. A couple of the members have started a blog which they will update as we go. I will post it before we go.

I've heard a complaint that I don't update my blog enough, something I will try to do better at.

No comments: