Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update

I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging. Unfortunately the ideas have not been coming. But here are some things that have been going on.
  • UMMM...UMMMM Ok not much.
  • I had a fun birthday. Thank you to everyone who came to the movie. It was great to have you there. It was a pretty good show. However it took me a little while to become friends with some of the Narnia characters. I didn't love them right off like I did in the first one.
  • I'm going to be an aunt. I've known for a little while, and I've told a few people. But I haven't been able to make it public until Cori and Jake made the official announcement. Due on Halloween. (Trick or Treat) And today we found out that it is a boy. Which is amazing. Boys are a rarity in my family. Including extended family. Congrats to them.
  • We had an awesome ward activity last week. A cultural night. Everybody brought a piece of the world they had been to and shared it with us. It was great and there was a lot of food.
  • This the final week of school. (Yahoo!!) Which also means the countdown to Egypt and Isreal has begun. I've been doing lots of reading, most of which I might not remember when we get there but it will still be the adventure of a life time.
  • Last week Caleb and I rode our bikes to work/school. 9.4 miles. It was a good ride and Caleb did a great job. On the way home I thought it would be fun to take the Jordan Parkway Route. Come to find out it doesn't go all the way from 123rd to 106th and we had to turn around and go back to 123rd and just go the normal way.
  • I have been "fuming" (hehe) about the drastic, constant rise in gasoine prices the last few weeks. I've started biking or walking whenever possible. Which I don't mind doing most of the time. It just makes me mad though. We can change our driving habits, however our whole lifestyle is still affected by it since the rise causes the prices of everything else in this world to go up!!!! Except for my salary!!! Grrrr! (Tears)(sigh) Remember those days when a cheap enjoyable Sunday activity was a drive through the canyon. They are just a memory now. Unless you are on your bike. Not a bad idea.

okay that's enough rambling for now but don't worry there is more where that came from.

No comments: