Thursday, May 14, 2009

So many places to see

  It’s kinda funny that people all over the world come to Utah to visit the many awesome sites. And I, who have lived here most of my life, have not been to many of them. Partly because I am too IMG_2636busy going to other places around the world. So I’ve set an unofficial goal to see all of these sites here in Utah by the time I am 30. And to visit most of the sites in the US by the time I am 50. (“Unofficial goal” because I am going to have to do some research and get a list and plan going to see what this goal is going to involve.) I’m giving myself 20+ years to visit the US sites because there are about 391 of Natl Parks alone(I cha cha-ed it), that’s not counting National Historical Landmarks (2,473) and amusement parks (over 200). I will also be busy visiting more places out of the US. Let’s just say I’ll be bust for the next 20 something years. I might have to extend the dead line to 70. 
Anyway, what initiated this “unofficial goal” is I went to Moab and Arches National Park two weekends ago and it was beautiful and amazing. Utah is so IMG_2624awesome! 
I tend to talk big and get myself in over my head. So the two guys I went with took me biking on Slick Rock. It is intense and it just about did me in. But it was fun. And I am crazy enough I would do it again.
moab12









IMG_2627









moab15








moab21

No comments: