Monday, August 24, 2009

This morning...

Began like any other Monday morning. Woke up, got ready, rode the bus to work. Little did I know that this would be my last morning riding the bus, climbing the stairs to the second floor, clocking in, checking my email. Little did I know that I would be cleaning out my desk and leaving for the last time. This morning I had a plan that I was prepared for. But that all changed when I got a call from BYU offering me a opening in their full time MPA program. Oh and by the way it starts tomorrow. "OMG" (I'm not a big fan of that saying but it seemed to fit.) After a quick discussion with my parents and weighing the pros and cons in my head I decided to go for it. So I am now officially unemployed. (The loss of my regular paycheck was a little twinge in my stomach.) But I am officially a student at BYU in the MPA program. And I feel really good about that. More details to come later. I need to get to bed. This is going to be a big week.

6 comments:

Deb and AJ said...

Congratulations!!! Quite a change of events. What does MPA stand for? Is this the same thing you were trying to get into for next February!

Bekah said...

WOO HOO!!!!!

Jill said...

Yay!! That is so exciting! Good luck and congrats. :)

rebekah said...

(the other one) yay! congrats and good luck!

sarah h. said...

Thank you. It's Masters in Public Administration. It is similar to a MBA but it focuses more on non-profit and program management. I was in the part time program in Salt Lake City.

The Whitaker Family said...

Oh, wow!!! VERY cool! Masters of Public Administration, eh? Can't wait to hear how it goes... CONGRATS!!!!!