Friday, April 2, 2010

DTR with…

General Conference couldn’t have come at a better time. There are so many things I have been thinking about, praying about, and so many questions I would like answered. I’ve been talking with God a lot lately. More than the regular morning, night, meal times, and other times in between. And in my conversations recently with Him I feel like I am the one doing all the talking. So I am sincerely looking forward to just listening. Listening for eight wonderful hours and hopefully receiving answers to my questions. It’s kind of like having a DTR with God. That’s a thought that came to me the other day. What would it be like to have a face to face DTR with God? (For those who aren’t familiar with the lingo DTR stands for Determine The Relationship.) I think it would be great to talk to Him face to face and find out exactly where I stand with Him. And to have Him specifically and directly tell me what more do I need to do and what I need to especially improve on. And how I do it. I’m not a bad person but I know there are always more I could do and things I could improve on. Conference is always a great time when I am reenergized and reminded of what is important. Don’t miss out. It’ll be good.

Happy Listening. And Happy Easter.

S.

PS. Isn’t Easter candy the best?! Peeps. Chocolate rabbits. Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs. Cadbury Mini Eggs. It’s all good. I don’t know what it is about it, but of all holiday sweets I love Easter the most.

No comments: