Sunday, May 2, 2010

fourth grade revisited

Once upon a time, I was in the fourth grade. One day in the fourth day we made time capsules to be opened ten years later. In the time capsule we put things we wanted to remember from that year. Newspaper, letters, random things that are important to a fourth grader.

Now fast forward to today. My parents are in the process of converting the third car garage into a teaching studio for my mom. While cleaning it out and getting it ready I have come across many treasures. One of which was my fourth grade time capsule, nine years overdo. I should’ve opened in 2001. 

100_1485

100_1488

100_1489

100_1490

These are letters from my two best friends in the fourth grade. We were going to best friends for life. One of them I lost contact with in the fifth grade. I moved in the sixth grade and was able to keep contact with the other one through graduation. Then I lost contact until about a year ago I found her again.

In the fourth grade I was in love with horses. My favorite movie was The Slipper and the Rose. (still love it.) My favorite food was lasagna. And my favorite subject in school was social studies. (Some things never change. I have a bachelor of science in Sociology.)  In ten years I thought I would be happily married. Married, no. Happy, yes. I also predicted that in the future we would be able to talk to people through TV screens. 

It was fun to open this and remember what life was like for me in the fourth grade. So carefree and adventurous. It still is adventurous. And life may not have worked out according to my fourth grade plans, but it still has worked out.

1 comment:

Hannah Jane said...

that is so cool!! i wish I could be there while the room is being made!!!
can't wait to see you this weekend!