Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chinese food is better in China

Before arriving in China I practiced eating with chopsticks so I would be prepared when I got here. I usually made it through half a meal before my hand cramped up and my chopsticks stopped working.

The first day in China we went out for dinner. Some how I managed to order something that looked edible and recognizable. Cabbage, pork, and red peppers. Similar to a skillet at Applebees, it came out still sizzling because it had a flame still burning underneath it.



Determined to eat as the Chinese I grabbed my chopsticks and got to work. I was feeling pretty proud of myself because I was getting most my meal to my mouth. I looked over at the Chinese man next me only to find him him using a spoon to eat his vegetables and beef. What?! Still determined I pressed forward with my chopsticks. About half way through, as is expected, my hand started to hurt and I wasn't doing as well. A server noticed me in my struggles and brought me a spoon.

The Asians are very nice.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: