Monday, January 16, 2012

as previously mentioned…

2012 has a lot to live up to. So I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about what I can do to make 2012 a good year. And I finally came up with some things. Here are a few.

  1. Visit 12 places I have never visited before. Yes, this is open to anything. In or out of the country. If I make it out of the country, fantastic. But if I don't, due to funding, that is okay. There are plenty of places around here or within 300 miles that I have never been to and would to see. (ie. Bryce Canyon, Cabelas)
  2. Make 12 new recipes. I know. Not to difficult for me. But I want a few things that are easily accomplish-able. I will add they have to be recipes that I love and want to rave about.
  3. Meet 12 new people.  This shouldn't be too hard.
  4. Reconnect with 12 old people. So, if you have a random blast-from-the-past that looks a lot like me, you'll know why.
  5. Run 12 miles. All at one time. Maybe more than once. We’ll see.
  6. Learn 12 new skills. I didn't say perfect. But I will be learning.
  7. Learn 12 new things. Facts, events, cultures, history. The options are endless 
  8. Read the Book of Mormon 12 times. I thought of this one today. And felt this was a challenge I really should do. Then I realized I was already 15 days behind. I need to get going. 
  9. Read 12 books that I already own. Several times I have told myself that I am not allowed to buy any more books until I have read a few that I already own, but just like a child who goes out to play after hour of being grounded I come home with a new or used book.
  10. Read 12 nonfiction books. Double-dipping is completely legal. I own many unread nonfiction.
  11. Discover 12 new loves. For example on my mission I discovered I really like cilantro and lime. I always knew I liked football. This last year I realized it was true love. 
  12. Learn 12 new pieces on the piano.
  13. Finish 12 projects. This can include projects started this year or ones I started five years ago. Twelve will be done by the end of the year.
  14. Find 12 names to take to the temple. Yes.  Family history. It’s not just for old people.
  15. Look at this list at least 12 times.

There are a few others that were part of the brainstorm that I still trying to decide if I want to include, but this is a good start that covers my intellectual, social, physical, spiritual, emotional, creative, and culinary needs. 

2 comments:

Cori Hintze said...

Sarah~ How have you never been to Cabelas?! Plan on going when we get back and cross that off your list! :)

Katie said...

Spain is a very cool place. Have you been? Maybe we will get lucky and that can be one of your 12 places. love Katie