Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My good, old...

...Laptop of seven years has left me, taking the music, pictures, and documents with him. I don't know what I did to drive him off. I really did love him even though I may have had a hard time saying it. I guess he had had enough of me and my inability to settle down whenever I dragged him along wherever I went and told him this would be the last time. Or maybe it was the shortcuts I insisted on taking (control z was worn very thin). Could it have been my music I may of played too loud a time or two and the late night movies I just couldn't turn off until I knew what happened, or my unwillingness to compromise about where to store the goods such as documents, pictures, and music. I think the ultimate straw was the one-year-olds I let play around with him. Or he might have found out about my little affair with gigdet, the little netbook that went to school with me for two years. If only he understood that it really wasn't that serious and I always looked forward to coming home to him at the end of the day. I loved the way he warmed my lap and looked up at me at any angle. I could go repair shop and force him to come back to me, but I have decided to let him go and remember the better times we had together. Such as the first time we met in Maine when I was feeling lonely and cut off from everything familiar. He came to me and brought me back to the world. He stayed up late with me when I couldn't sleep. He didn't abandon me when I had procrastinated and had assignments due in the very near future. He supported me and my to need to create. I don't know if I will ever really be able to replace him. I will just have settle for what comes next. I will always miss him though.

**Updated. It would be just like me to figure out a way to fix my laptop and prevent myself from getting a new one. Yes. I did. Not entirely on purpose. But now the dilemma is: Do keep the one I already ordered? Or do I keep using my good old guy? I want to be faithful. But I was looking forward to fresh start. Which I can get anyway, because my hard drive was wiped clean and everything was set back to the original manufacture settings.  Ummm?

1 comment:

rebekah said...

Seven Years! I'm impressed he lived so long. My last one lasted four. He must've stuck around because he was having so much fun with you. (I hope you backed everything up?) Good luck with your next one!