Thursday, March 1, 2012

Parmesan Chicken

Writer’s block = Share a recipe. I can always talk about food. Never a problem there. When I tried this one I didn’t have very high expectations. I’m not a huge parmesan chicken fan. At least not the ones I have ordered in restaurants. I guess I expect it to be more parmesan and less spaghetti sauce. But this was surprisingly good. I mean really good. Just like the guy at Food Wishes said it would be.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen chicken fillets, and boy were they tender. Yum.)
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9x13 pan spread olive oil, garlic, and red flake peppers. Next lay the chicken in the pan and pour marinara sauce over. Sprinkle basil over. (Yes, fresh is best.) Next sprinkle with 1/2 of the called for mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Then cover with the croutons and top it off with the rest of the cheese. Bake it uncovered for 30-35 minutes. (Until chicken is fully cooked. Make take longer depending on chicken.) Serve. Don’t burn your tongue. Enjoy.

cpthro2

No comments: