Sunday, March 25, 2012

made for each other

There comes those times in my life when I cannot deny that this is where I need to be and this is what I am suppose to be doing. I feel that my next adventure in life is going to be just one of those times. After months of looking. Many interviews and many many many applications… I have a job. And it is just right for me. Like a dress that was cut out and sewn together to fit my every curve to perfection. However, just like custom-made dresses it comes with a price, which is about 13k less than what I was earning before I had a master’s degree. Yes, I have whined… a little. But mostly I am thankful for a job that will combine and put to use all my experience, education, skills, and desires into one opportunity.

The social worker in me. Desire to serve. Love of teaching. The need to make a difference. Experience teaching adults.  Love of playing. Experiential Education.  Need to create. Love of planning parties and events. Need for challenge. Opportunity to grow. Experience teaching children. Experience teaching teens. The budgeting and analysis skills I have always wanted to put to use.  The organizer in me I just can’t help.

…And I get a place of my own. The facility where I will be is mine to manage and do with as I please.  Complete with an office.

Yes. I believe we were made for each other.

BTW. I am a program coordinator at a low-income housing community center. Stories to come.

2 comments:

Jolena said...

Congratulations, Sarah! That's fantastic news! You're going to do awesome!

rebekah said...

yay! congrats!!