Monday, April 9, 2012

as adventurous as I am…

I am finding that I am not always a big fan of change as I would like to claim to be. I have the fortunate, and sometimes unfortunate, habit of getting comfortable and being happy with where I am. Even if it isn’t where I would love to be in life, I usually find a way to be happy and make a difference.  Then when the frequent visitor of change comes to the door, even though I am eager for a new adventure I sometimes want to close the door and dig in my heels. I think it is getting worse with age.

Yes, I welcome change, adventure, starting fresh. But I dread the good-byes. Sometimes I’m not quite ready say good-bye to the things I’m doing, to all the hopes and dreams that could’ve, might’ve happened there. And the people I’ve met.

Then I remind  myself I get to take all my hopes and dreams with me. I can keep doing what I love to do. I will meet new people I will most likely love. And I will probably love where ever I go to next. I usually do. 

2 comments:

Rachel B said...

So you said a lot, but actually you told us nothing! Skip the abstractions and let's hear what's actually going on! :)

rebekah said...

amen! very nicely said. i'm the same way