Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oh, Canada

When my cousin decided to hop the border to Canada in order to marry her sweetie, who can’t legally get into the USA. I knew there wasn’t nothing in this world that would keep me from being there with her. (Yep, we are those kind of friends. Partners in crime and other outrageous schemes. (ie. Bear Lake) Along with seeing one of my BBFs tie the knot, this resolution carried with some very fortunate repercussions.  1. Road trip, baby. 2. New destination: Canada. (Yes. I’ve traveled to China and Egypt, but I’d never stepped foot in Canada. Sue me.) 3. National Park: Glacier National Park is on the way if you go slightly to the west. I was super stoked.    

P1050009Glacier is another piece of Heaven on Earth.


P1050022

P1050026
Crossing the Border

P1050028

P1050047

P1050110 P1050117

I love her dress almost as much as I love her.

Being the BFF/cousin that I am, I volunteered myself to stay a few extra days and do the unfortunate task of bringing her back to the states without her sweetie. This temporary separation is necessary until she has her visa and can go live in France with him. While they did the honeymoon thing, her new family made sure I got to do some true Canadian must-dos. Have you ever tried Poutine? Food native to Canada.


They took me to Waterton. A Canadian National Park.

Now I can say: Canada. Been there, done that. My only regret is that I didn’t get a picture of  a Canadian Mounty. One of favorite books, Mrs. Mike, is about the life of a woman married to a Canadian Mounty. And he really is the epitome of a perfect man. I would like to meet one sometime and take his picture. Next trip to Canada, I guess. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love glacier national park! So fun. I have yet to make it to Canada though. It's fun to see what you'be been up to!