Thursday, September 6, 2012

real-life love story

One of my favorite joys in life is standing on the sidelines and watching the real-life love stories unfold of my friends and those I love best.  

Over the past year, I got to watch one of my dearest friends and cousin’s love story. She and her forever have a story like no other. One that only the Almighty could orchestrate. But they both had to play their parts well and not give up when times got tough. And after the work, prayers, and faith even oceans couldn’t keep them apart. She and I have spent hours through the years talking about life, love, and the day when it would finally happen to us. We both surmised that no matter the timing, circumstances, place, age, or aligning of the stars that brought two people together who will love each other forever, it is nothing short of a miracle. Even the simplest story. Her story is without a doubt evidence of that. It was a good story to watch. Better than the best chick flick.

I am so grateful that I got to be there when this segment of the story wrapped up and when these two amazing people completely committed to love and take care of the other for the rest of eternity. The day was beautiful all around. And she was “the bride of my dreams.” (Do you know that reference? Hint: It’s from a movie and a book.)

a and jp

The happily-ever-after is still in the making. But it will be a joy to continue watching.

*Picture courtesy of Jared Harlow.

No comments: