Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas day

I hope everyone had a joyful Christmas. I know I did.

Christmas Eve we had everyone over for dinner. We played games. We filmed a little nativity starring Benjamin as baby Jesus. We used to do this every year when we were younger and send it to my grandparents who lived in Maryland. Then we got to open one present which of course were pajamas (another resurrected tradition.) 

Christmas morning my family has a tradition, some people might call it absurd, we sleep in, we shower, get dressed, eat a big breakfast, clean up and then we go in and open presents. Oh yeah and we go in one by one so my dad can film each one of us separately.  Sometimes we don't start doing the presents thing until 10 or 10:30.  Yes when I was younger I got very antsy and it nearly killed me to wait so long. But now it is actually really nice to spread out and make it last. I was very excited with what I received. A book, DVD, little crockpot, an Eric Dowdle framed print of Jerusalem and a bike. Which I can't really use right now but I am really excited for when I can use.

The bike is a model called a hybrid. It's not a road bike and its not a mountain bike. The frame is a little different. The handle bars are higher up so your back doesn't get sore. Its super light which I really like. Its not a super expensive bike but its not a Wal mart bike neither. So I am pretty happy with it.

   Desktop1

No comments: