Monday, December 29, 2008

Ok, now I am panicking

Since I graduated from BYU-I I have been contemplating grad school. I finally found a program up at BYU that interest me. And so I had to bite the bullet and register to take the GRE. And I am terrified, petrified, discombobulated...I don't remember the last time I was this scared. OK maybe heading off to Brazil came close. But even when I was heading to who know where in Maine for an internship, I wasn't this scared or worried. Everyone I talk to tells me its not that bad. However I have gone online and done some of the practice tests and they....worry me to say the least. Who uses those words and that problem solving. I have lots of problems and I don't need to do those computations. I always considered myself fairly academic and somewhat smart. But now I am starting to question my academic ability. It's a good thing I already forked over the $140 to take the test or else I might consider pulling out. Please those who have taken it before give me words of comfort, tips, answers, anything. Prayers would be good. I am taking it on Saturday, January 3. Happy New Year! This week I am spending lots of time in the library. Which shows some of my desperation. Even when I was in school I didn't spend that much time in the library.

1 comment:

The Whitaker Family said...

Ohmygosh, that's TODAY!!!!!!! Please blog about how it went, ok? I never did take the GRE but have been curious how I would've done. I don't blame you for being scared silly-- I helped support a great friend who took it and she was scared silly too. I hope it went well!!!!!!!!!