Sunday, March 29, 2009

Holi--Festival of Colors

Saturday was a fun day. I went to the The Sri Sri Krishna Temple located clear in American Fork. This big beautiful Hindu Temple out in the middle of Farmer Joe's field. 

Festival of Colors 3-28_2

And what better way to celebrate the Hindu new year then by throwing colored chalk at each other.

Festival of Colars 3-28g

Festival of Colars 3-28c

This was the first year that I went to the Festival of Colors. And it was super fun. I was caked in chalk. The music was fun. I dodged the guy who tried to kiss me. I danced and chanted. And I met some great people. 

Festival of Colars 3-28n

Festival of Colars 3-28i

On the way home my fuel light in my car came on. And I just kept going on faith because I was not about to stop to fill up my car.

1 comment:

caron said...

YAY! You went and I'm so glad you had fun!! It's crazy, huh? Next year I'll make it again.