Tuesday, February 9, 2010

change

One of my loves is travel. I love to see and experience the many exotic beauties that this earth holds. However, recently, I’ve been reminded that true beauty of the world lies in the people and relationships. You can’t make it with out them and they are truly precious. I am thankful for all the people that have been brought into my life.
I’ve also been reminded once again of the ever presence of change. I know change is a constant in everyone’s lives. However, it seems in the last few months the changes have been coming closer together in my life and much of the good familiarity that I have come to rely on in the last few years is fading away. I usually embrace change, however, when it affects precious and dear relationships, I wish I could find a pause button.
Resolution: Build relationships with people that will last and make a difference. And work to keep them.
PS. The weekend was a good weekend, full of good friends and good food. Three great finds:
1. Young Victoria. A delightful, pleasant British movie about Queen Victoria. (Also very clean. What a relief.)
2. Himalayan Kitchen in Salt Lake. Good Indian Food for an affordable price.
3. An Israel Flag Italian charm. I like collecting Italian Charms of flags of countries where I have been. They are getting harder to find since the charms aren’t as popular as they once were. I still have about 9 more (and counting) to search for, but Israel was a big one.

No comments: