Monday, December 27, 2010

just like that…

…Christmas is over. After all the hype…the days of preparation..the months of anticipation. A few hours, one day. And it’s gone. Over. Passed. Christmas music disappears from the radio. Christmas tree comes down. Lights are turned off. And we are back in our normal everyday non-Christmas life, we start over, looking forward to next year.

It was a good day, worthy of all the hype and all the time. I am so thankful that it is a day that I can enjoy with my family because of the good, no drama, friendship relationship we have with each other. I am really grateful for that. I see other families that don’t have that and I realize how blessed I am.

I am also thankful that my family has been blessed greatly through recent economic storms. We have had our years of famine, when things have been rough. It’s amazing to me how we have always been blessed. Even when things have been rough, we are taken care of and richly blessed.

The new year is around the corner. I love that. I love thinking about, anticipating what the new year may and will bring. Adventures. Blessings. Trials. Change. Growth. Learning. People. Work. Fun. I anticipate great things to come. I pray to be ready for it. 

No comments: