Wednesday, December 29, 2010

para aproveitar

I am enjoying every moment of this Christmas break. I want to savor every second. Relish the freedom, the unscheduled and unspoken for time that is all mine.

This may be the very last Christmas break I ever get…ever. Because in a few months I will graduate from school…possibly never to return…And I will have to find a job. A real job in the real world. And in the real world, people with real jobs don’t get two weeks off for Christmas break. (Unless you are a teacher. Those lucky few.) **sigh** Honestly. Don’t people learn anything in school. Like how important vacation and Christmas breaks are to one’s sanity. No. Instead in the real world people with real jobs (in this country anyway) might get two weeks off…for the whole entire year. NOT ENOUGH.

Please let this Christmas break drag on and on. 

para aproveitar in Portuguese means to enjoy, to take advantage, to utilize. All in one word. Some things are easier to express in Portuguese.  

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I thought the same thing this break - and you know - it was truly great. Hope it felt long for you too!

Natalie said...

I guess I am one of those lucky few:)