Saturday, February 5, 2011

crock pot peanut meatballs

So…week 5 was another Thai recipe. Trust me, I do like other things besides Thai. But I couldn’t help myself this time. This looked really good. And it was.

INGREDIENTS

1-13.5 oz can Coconut Milk
1-3.5 oz packet of Peanut Sauce Mix  (I used a few tablespoons of peanut sauce from a bottle. If you like peanut sauce use liberally. If not, hold back.)
1-16 oz frozen package of large meatballs (16 count)
Optional:
Lime wedges and chopped cilantro (a must)

DIRECTIONS

  1. Add Coconut Milk and Peanut Sauce Mix (both inner envelopes) to crock pot and mix well. Add meatballs to coconut mixture and toss to coat.
  2. Cook on high for 2.5 hours or until sauce thickens. Serve with favorite spaghetti or rice. Garnish with lime and cilantro if desired.

It says it yields 4 servings, but I was eating leftovers all week. I was sick of it actually by Friday. Sometime I want to try this dish using peanut butter. Asian Meatballs with Peanut Sauce.

No comments: