Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TEDxBYU

Last week was full of many treats. The Ballet was one. TEDxBYU was another. The Ballard Center at BYU sponsored a TED Event on Friday.  I discovered TED talks in the last year and from the first video I was enraptured and inspired. The theme of this event was Live Innovation. It featured individuals from Utah and across the country, all who had inspiring ideas and are doing amazing things by not letting others tell them they can’t. I didn’t take any notes. I should’ve but they will be posted online soon. One of the best parts was the intermission reception where we got to mingle. Usually this isn’t my thing, but I really enjoyed this one. I got to talk to individuals from all over who have innovative mindsets and brilliant ideas to change the world. It was a little intimidating, but fascinating. I plan to go to another event soon just so I can mingle with this type of crowd again.

As part of the event they show a few videos of previous talks. This one was entertaining and enlightening. Bring on the Learning Revolution.

Ps. A week ago I hardly knew what classified a smart phone. I thought an android was a type of insect. This week I am a proud owner of a myTouch. No I didn’t plan this. It just happened. What can I say…the phone was free. And I am really enjoying it.

No comments: