Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's a Sunday afternoon in Xiamen. I'm laying on my stone hard bed listening to the torrential rain storm outside and I'm thinking this is so great. Everyday I'm here I am more thankful I had this experience to come to China and stay long enough to really learn to love it. I don't think I really loved it at first. Jet lag and upset stomach contributed to that. But now that I've adjusted I love it so much. I'm thankful I've had time to learn and begin to understand this part of the world better. I'm thankful I've had time to correct some preconceived notions. China is an amazing country with an intriguing heritage. The people are so good and so kind. The art and the culture are incredible.

This understanding and appreciation is exactly what I wanted to get out of this experience. It has all been worth it.

No comments: