Sunday, January 6, 2008

My merry christmas sewing machine!!


Santa was good to me this year. I got a sewing machine. And it is nifty. It has several different stitches. A drop in bobbin which is a blessing for me because I always mess up the bobbin on my mom's machine and a needle threader which is an added bonus.


I've set up my crafty corner complete with my cutting matte, also a gift for christmas, and an ironing board.



This is my merry christmas quilt that I started so I could use my new machine. It is pure pink randomness, made of scraps I found in the garage. I love it. I still need to get a back and batte. I think I am going to use fleece. My roommate made a quilt and she put fleece on the back and I love it. It is so cozy. And I will probably just tie it. I bought a small quilting frame. But since this is just a cozy napping quilt I don't care if its quilted or tied as long as its cozy.





And just to warn all you the second coming is getting close. How do I know? My family got a Wii for christmas. We have never had any type of video game system. Either my parents are getting soft or this is a definite sign of the times.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I don't know half of the sewing terms you said, but it looks like fun and I love your new blankie! I would love to make a bunch of my own comfy, soft, cozy blankets to lay around with. I miss you girl!

randa_joy said...

Hey Miss Sarah, I don't know how you get all those pieces to fit together. You've got some mad skills! Congrats on the machine. It looks like a good one.