Monday, March 29, 2010

honey lemon-lime vinaigrette

Are you looking for a good vinaigrette? Or motivation to eat more salad? Try this one. Its all natural and sugar-free and mmm mmm good.

lemon-lime

Honey Lemon Lime Vinaigrette

  • 1 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup lime juice
  • 1 cup oil (I like olive oil.)
  • 1 cup cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon dry mustard (ok w/o)
  • 1 teaspoon leaf thyme

Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Bottle and store at room temperature. (This makes just over a QT. I usually half it.)

I found this deliciousness at the Salt Bay Cafe, a cute little cafe in Damariscotta, ME.  One of my favorite towns in New England. It is charming and worth the stop if you are driving by on Route 1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious! I've been eating more salads lately & I'll definitely have to try this!