Thursday, March 4, 2010

sixty reasons why i love my dad

He’s the youngest 60 year old dad I know. He knows how to make good chocolate chip cookies. He didn’t kill me when I knocked both side mirrors off his car within a week when I was sixteen. He knows how to cut french toast just right. He likes to 100_1399water ski on two. He 100_3561 likes to iron. He likes to watch movies while he irons. Patience, Patience, Patience. (Does that count as 3 or 1?) He has a great sense of humor. He texts.He makes great egg of the golden rod.  He looks great in a hat. He isn’t addicted to computer games. He doesn’t need the latest and greatest. He’s happy with his second hand canoe. He doesn’t take himself too seriously. He never missed 116_2103 a recital or concert. He’ll check my oil in my car even though I know how. He works hard to provide. He knows how to put up any type of tent. Always ready and willing to give a blessing upon request. He  likes to camp. He likes with grandpa and the new hatroad trips.He’s not embarrassed to pipe in when his 5 daughters begin discussing things that aren’t exactly dinner conversation appropriate. He’s wise. He climbed to the top of the Mayan Temple in Belize with me. He waited for my mom to grow up to marry her. (ok not on purpose but it was a long wait.) I often catching him doing his personal scripture study. He’s a great grandpa. 116_0375He appreciates and works toward a clean house. He lets me store my junk in his garage. He’s not obsessed with sports or cars.He has one good  joke. He can name any Mash episode. He’ll family play games even though he doesn’t like them. He’s handy and knows how to fix things. He is willing to drive a clunker in order totalent show 3 avoid the debt of  newer car. He talks to the dog when he thinks no one can hear him. His handwriting looks just like Santa’s. =) He makes the best yams for Thanksgiving dinner. He is willing to do new things. He takes care of Grandma. He let me help him (or think I was helping) finish the basement. He makes the kids’ school lunch every morning. He’s happy. Where ever he goes people love him. He’s the best at math DSC_0500 homework. He takes us all to Disneyland. He takes Dinah to ballet. He makes dinner for my mom when she teaching piano late. He lets my 100_3478mom do the traveling for the both of them. He’s humble. He fulfills his church callings. He understands being single. He encourages me to have new  adventures and travel. He doesn’t play video games. He knows how to dance. (Ballroom)He gets excited for new adventures. No guy is good enough for his little girl. He’s my daddy!!!

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!!!

I LOVE YOU!!

100_0326

No comments: