Wednesday, January 23, 2013

project product clean out

Let me tell you about my latest project. It is one I like to affectionately refer to as Project Product Clean Out. Throughout my life I have been known to be somewhat of a borderline product junkie. You know those people that need to try out the latest fab product. Someone who buys a new and different shampoo even though there are four bottles of unfinished shampoo sitting in the shower. This may also include purchasing new makeup, facial products, soaps, lotions, hair products, lotions, nail polish, health supplements, etc.  Sometimes even appliances. This condition may sometimes be confused with compulsive shopper disorder. But it is completely different. Product junkies don't buy the products because of the need to shop. They buy products because of the need to try something different. A change to mix it up. Something that will maybe bring about different results and change the redundant life. Anyway, I am in the middle of Project Product Clean Out. This endeavor means I am grounded from buying any new products until I have used up the products that are in the drawer or on the shelf. Like a diet, this project has its positive side effects. Clutter is being eliminated. Space is increasing. Money is staying in the bank. Don't worry the withdrawal symptoms are slowly lessening and I can almost walk into a store and walk down a product isle without getting the jitters.  


No comments: