Tuesday, August 17, 2010

isn’t life grand!!!

100_0139

You know those sentences you say that have would or should in them. Such as: “Oh, we should…” or “I would like to…” You say these things and mean them sincerely, but in the back of your mind you know that it probably won’t happen. Because, lets face it, life is busy and sometimes the things that we would like to do or should do don’t always take precedence. 

Well, sometimes the fates will work in your favor. The planets will realign and that thing you should do or would like to do becomes that thing you do do.

At the beginning of the summer I decided that even though I’m a graduate student and can’t travel as extensively as I would like, I  should  go somewhere I have never been. (I also needed to keep working on my goal to see all the wonders of the world.) So, I decided I would like to see and experience the Grand Canyon this year. And yes, in the back of my head I was thinking the chances of it actually happening were slim to none.

And then as fate would have it, my sister got a job at Jacob Lake Inn, which is about 40 minutes north of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Bam!! The planets realigned and I was on my way to the Grand Canyon with my mom and sisters. We went on a girls’ road trip and took my sister to AZ.

We drove down.   

100_0094

We camped.

100_3952 

We loved the Grand Canyon.

100_0149

And we had a blast together.

100_3974 100_4013 100_0167 

Heaven help the mister who comes between me and my sister.

Grand Canyon (check)

No comments: