Thursday, September 30, 2010

9.30

9/30. a special date for me. 6 years ago I came home from Brazil. (Although it felt like I was leaving home, too.) 9/29 wasn’t so special. I was crying gallons of tears. I was not ready to say good-bye to Brazil, nor to the work I was doing. Every year I recognize 9/30. My special day. I almost feel like I should buy myself something nice, like a birthday present. Instead, 9/30 is a check point date for me in the year. A day I look back on the year. I look forward to the coming  year. I think about what I’ve accomplished, where I would like to be a year from now. I set goals. Renew goals. Write a letter to myself-a-year-from-now (yes, I do). It’s a good thing. Plus, 9/30 is always around general conference. Double special.

  P1000015

I still keep this book by my bed. I still read from it. I remember looking at it before I left and wondering what all the words meant and if I would ever be able to understand. I remember as the months went by, slowly understanding more and more, to the point I was discovering new principles and concepts of the gospel as if I were reading in English. Foi bom de mais.

Happy 9/30! Feliz 9/30!

Beijos.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

I want to be like you someday Sarah. you are an inspiration.