Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Italian Chicken

This is one of my all time favorite dishes. It is one of those impossible-to-fail recipes that I used to make to impress the boys when I was a freshman at BYUI. Now, I cook for myself and if the boys are lucky or smart enough to be around, then that is their good fortune.


Ingredients:
3-5 lbs Chicken breasts or strips(I think…Definitely adjustable. Do however much you need and adjust the sauce as needed.)
2 1/2 c Italian Dressing
1/2 c Lemon Juice
1-2 cubes Chicken Bouillon
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Preparation:
Put chicken in casserole dish. Mix other ingredients together. Pour over chicken. Cover with tin foil. Bake @ 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Less time for chicken strips.
Serve with rice. Don’t forget a vegetable. Enjoy!

The science of the sauce is 3/4 part Italian dressing and 1/4 part lemon juice. I love sauce and seasoning, so I like to make enough that I can have a generous amount on my rice. If that isn’t you make less. 

FYI: This post is really for my benefit so that I don’t have to call my mom every time I want to make it. Yes, she is my #1 go-to for all the answers. #2 is Google. Very rarely do I need the #2. =)
  
Ps. I really do like to cook for others, not just myself. It is so much more fun when there are others to enjoy it with me.

No comments: