Thursday, September 9, 2010

falling in love with fall…all over again

All of a sudden it's Fall...again. It came on fast this year. Almost overnight. I walked out to my car today and I saw fallen leaves in the parking lot. I looked up and I saw a touch of yellow in the trees and some red in the mountains. I love fall for so many reasons. Cooler weather, but not bitter cold.  Changing colors. College football. Driving with the windows down. Fresh nippy air in the morning. Light jackets, but not heavy coats. Apples and peaches and pears. oh my!
Fall also means one other thing. I have lived here a year. It was a year ago my life took a sudden unexpected sharp turn and I jumped aboard, trusting that this was where I needed to be. I have learned to love this place. All seasons of it.
This is “my view from here” collection. Pictures of the view I get to enjoy everyday.
The fall.100_1018
 The winter.100_1141 100_1161100_1271The Spring.100_1449The Summer. P1010014
I think I am going to like this semester. It is turning out different than I had originally planned. I started out with three night classes. Now I just have one. I also started out with 19 credits. Now I only have 13. There is one class that I wish I could add. But it conflicts with another one. And the one I went with will probably be a better fit for me. Most of my classes are actually MBA classes. I’m like them. My Wednesdays are full and all the other days are open. Which allows me time to work and play. What a change that will be from my last two semesters
The one fear I had with starting this school year is that I now have to start thinking seriously about what I want to do when graduate. I HAVE NO IDEA!!! PHD?? JOB?? I don't know what kind of job I want. Actually, I do. But that job is not in my spectrum right now. Other jobs I enjoy I am over qualified for and don't pay enough to live on. What to do?? Where to go?? All I know is that things have worked out for me in the past. That is how I ended up here. And that they will work out for in the future. Miracles happen. God is in charge. Life is good.

1 comment:

rebekah said...

Best of luck this semester. Sounds like a nice schedule. And the pictures are BEAUTIFUL. Lucky you. And yes, I must agree that the Lord knows all and directs our paths. Good luck figuring out what that path is.