Monday, November 22, 2010

21 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 16

On the 16th day of Thanksgiving I am thankful for religious freedom. I know I already mentioned freedom, but yesterday I heard a woman talk about a man she knew that had to leave his country and everything because he was being persecuted for his beliefs and religion.This was in recent years, not in the 17th century,1830s or 1940s. I am so thankful that that I have "the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of (my) own conscience..." So wonderful. (I know I am a few days behind. Its not due to a lack of gratitude.)

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.--8th Article of Faith

No comments: