Monday, November 29, 2010

small world

Yesterday I visited South Ogden. My stomping grounds until the sixth grade. As I drove by the old home and through the neighborhood, I was amazed at how small everything seems to be now. The house isn't as big as I remember it. The drive to the church where we use to go wasn't quite as far.  The hill we lived on used to be gigantic. I'm sure it has shrunk through the years. The 5th house down the street where I used to go play with Danny is a lot closer than is used to be. I swear it was further when I was 3. It's funny how things like that change through years. 


I'm realizing I lived in a small, happy world. But to someone who was only 30-48 inches tall, it was huge. 

It was fun to go to church and still recognize some familiar friendly faces. It's good to know some things don't change.

No comments: