Monday, January 24, 2011

noodles with chicken and asparagus


Week 3's recipe was supposed to be this, noodles with chicken and asparagus. I found it on the back of the box of rice noodles I used to make Chicken Thai Soup. Alas, I couldn't find  Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce anywhere. I even checked at the World Market. I'm sure I could improvise and it would turn out just fine, Thai food is like that, but I haven't done that yet. I will soon. If you happen to find Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce you should give this a try and let me know how it turns out. 
INGREDIENTS

1/2-16 oz box (8 oz) Thin Rice Noodle
2 tablespoons oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Fish Sauce or 1 teaspoon salt
1 lb boneless skinless chicken, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 lb (8 oz) thin* asparagus spears, cut into two-inch pieces
*If thicker asparagus is used, boil in salted water 2-3 minutes, drain and immediately cool in ice water. Drain well.
DIRECTIONS
  1. Soak Rice Noodles according to directions on box for stir-fry.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until golden. Add Fish Sauce and chicken. Stir-fry until done.
  3. Add soy sauce, Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce, and brown sugar. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
  4. Add drained Rice Noodles and asparagus. Stir-fry until noodles are firm but tender. Serve and enjoy.
Serves 4

This Website has a few other savory-looking things probably worth trying. 
 

1 comment:

MamaHintze said...

I'm now on the hunt for Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce so that we can make this in the near future. Asparagus season is approaching.