Monday, January 17, 2011

not the way I planned…

to spend my MLK day. In bed, working hard to make sure that enough oxygen gets to my brain through my not so clear sinuses…Really wanting to lose myself in long, uninterrupted blissful, healing sleep, but that didn’t happen due to my inability to breath, as well as the fact I am downing so much water to stifle the fire in my throat that I am forced to visit the lieu every hour on the hour, and sometimes in between. Frankly, water is the only thing that sounds good and feels good, except for tortilla soup from Café Rio. That was one good thing about today. Other than that, it has been pretty much a not so good day. (Lets just say I’ve had better.) The stack of papers I need to grade is still waiting for me. The books I need to read haven’t been cracked.   Papers I’m suppose to write, nope.

I did finish my application for the China Study abroad program. It’s due tomorrow. I pretty much decided to do it months ago, but didn’t get around to the application until today. I discovered my passport expires in March of this year. Unfortunately before China. I’ve had a lot of adventures with this passport and I’ve seen a lot of places in the last 10 years. 2001-England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Belgium. 2003-2004- Brazil.  2004- Oaxaca, Mexico. 2008- London, Egypt, Jordan, Israel. 2009- Peru. 2010- Mexico, Belize, Honduras.    I still have two pages to fill before March. Where could I go?

PS. I did find some sweet finds at DI this weekend. That is always fun. Three games that I enjoy with all their pieces intact ($3 each) and a book that I need for one of my classes ($1). Bringing the total I spent on books this semester to $1.75. Now that is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sorry that you are sick:( Hope you feel better soon:)